AIS Donations (December 11 2012)
The American Iris Society is a nonprofit institution incorporated February 2, 1927, in the County of Philadelphia, State of Pennsylvania. By the terms of the Charter, the Corporation has no stockholders and exists for the sole purpose of promoting the culture and improvement of the Iris.
The AIS Foundation: American Iris Society Donations
The American Iris Society (AIS) supports many activities and programs in furtherance of its stated purposes – to encourage and support scientific research, including those pertaining to the solution of diseases related but not necessarily exclusive to the genus iris, and investigation and conservation of the genus in the wild; to support the collection, compilation and publication of data concerning the history, classification, breeding and culture of irises, and: to educate the public through exhibitions, public display gardens, published standards for judging and local, area, regional and national meetings open to the public. The AIS is especially supportive of youth activities.
Donations to AIS are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law as the AIS is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
Contributions to the AIS are made through the AIS Foundation and can be designated to any of the following funds:
- Library Fund – LIB
- Research & Scholarship – R&S
- Foundation General Fund – GEN
- Clarke Cosgrove Youth Award Fund - CCYA
- AIS General Fund - AISG
- Classroom Iris Project Youth Fund – CIP-YF
- General Youth Fund – GYF
- AIS 100th Anniversary Fund - 100th ANNIV
Donations may be made as follows:
- All checks should be made payable to THE AIS FOUNDATION.
Within an accompanying letter the following information is required:
- Specify the name of the recipient of the memorial or honorarium so that if you are making a donation in honor of someone, that person’s name can be honored.
- Clearly state the specific AIS Fund name to which you wish the donation to be designated. Your donation will be allocated to the AIS Fund you specify even though you are making your check out to The AIS Foundation.
- Identify the name of the person, persons or organization making the donation.
- Include the name and full address of the contact person(s) to notify that a donation has been made.
Please send the above information along with the donation check to:
Gary White-AIS Foundation Liaison, 701 Old Cheney Road, Lincoln, NE, 68512
phone: 402-421-6394 | e-mail: email@example.com
Download this information to print or
reviewing purposes: AIS Donations (74k Adobe PDF file)